Children’ autonomy and discipline growth brings to fatigue at the end of day. They need good rest in not overloaded calm room. Japanese decor would be ideal solution, which combines simple shapes, soft airy shades, small amount of furniture with safety.
Let’s discuss it in our « Kids room ideas: Japanese kids room» article.
Japanese decor: Kids room design
Japan is progressive country with amazing philosophy including all human life spheres. Japanese interior design bases on large free spaces, because all the excess interferes with seeing true beauty. Japanese style two main features are minimalism and shapes’ simplicity.
Thanks to these features kids room design achieves two aims:
- perfect rest place creating;
- children development.
Japanese kids’ room basic colors should be inspired by Japan beautiful nature. Prefer light tones, such as white, brown, sakura pink shades. Make bright accents with inherent for Japan culture red and black.
Walls should be smooth, simple and almost empty, usually white or tender green colored. Use just three or less thematic paintings or graphics for kids room design. You’re welcomed to add photo wallpapers with eastern nature or traditional fairy-tale images. Vertical finishing, such as thin lines, minimalistic Japanese ornaments or patterns, looks amazing!
Floor should create clearness and nature environment presence effect with it’s simplicity, glossy surface, natural materials and dark colors. Japanese decor with maroon floor looks unique.
Japanese kids room: Furniture
Minimum of simple functional furniture from natural materials leaves space and light.
- Choose built-in closet with sliding doors or compartment wardrobe made from wood or it’s simulating material.
- Shelves should be light weight, small and functional.
- Pay special attention on bed; your kids’ rest depends from it. Choice bases on two parameters: size and comfort. Bed in Japanese kids room should be large, not too high, made from natural materials and placed in center of room.
- Screen zones working, playing and sleeping places. Use Japanese decor for screen, such as hieroglyphs, bamboo, bonsai.
- Workplace includes minimal amount of furniture. It should necessarily be well-lighted. You’re welcomed to place desk near the window with light colored natural textile curtains.
Kids room ideas: More Japanese decor elements
Finish real Japanese decor with aroma lamps, wooden lampshades, dolls, figurines, ikebana and bonsai trees. You can decorate walls with few practical laconic pictures. However, don’t get carried away! Japanese interior shouldn’t be overloaded by decorative elements.
Remember, light, clearness, space and calmness atmosphere are the main components of Japanese interior.
Hopefully, our « Kids room ideas: Japanese kids room» article inspired you to create kids room design bringing picturesque Fuji and adorable sakura gardens harmony to children pure hearts.