Indian kitchen design should make your home look unique! Ethnic styles became popular for modern kitchen decor, so base on traditional Indian interiors. That unbelievable culture first sparked great interest in Europe when India became English colony. Luxury and modesty, color richness and some religiosity touch, mystic spices’ smell – all those make us fall in love with Indian kitchen ideas!
Need something exotic? Read our «Modern kitchen decor: Indian kitchen design» article.
Indian kitchen design: Basics
- Little unusual architecture is desired in Indian kitchen design. We mean typical Eastern arch shapes for doorways and windows.
- What’s solution, if you’ve got standard rectangular shapes? It’s plasterboard arches making or experimenting with doors’ shape.
- Arch shaped doorways can be left free, without doors. Think of that option for modern kitchen decor: many people dislike it because of kitchen smells spreading at home. As compromise option use beaded curtains.
- Indian kitchen ideas go related to trendy eco-style – furniture should be made from natural materials only: teak, bamboo, rattan, rosewood, boxwood.
- Furniture, as other elements, often decorated with typical carvings. It can unite modern shapes and ethnic features.
- You should rarely meet glossy floor, typical for High-tech style, in Indian kitchen design. It’s usually covered with natural wooden parquet, laminate or brownish tiles, sometimes artificially aged.
- More refined, «rich» options presume glossy options from polished stone with real Eastern ornaments.
Indian kitchen ideas: Colors and decor
In Indian kitchen design color speaks, it’s real decorating element! Colors catch eye by their exotic brightness, but here’s nuance: base is always neutral. Bright details, sometimes large ones, as furniture or carpets, become accented on that background.
Indian kitchen ideas often include gilt elements. Don’t overload space with them, they just appear as refined carvings’ and contours’ accents.Dark brown meets often also – in wooden details.
- Much bright, often patterned textile should be typical for Indian kitchen design.
- Colors’ feast can be continued in beaded curtains. They can replace doors or partitions, gracefully swaying with the wind. It’s very charming trick for modern kitchen decor!
- Don’t hide whole tableware; use some ethnic ones for decor.
- Indian lamps and statuettes can finish that refined ensemble.
Hopefully, our «Modern kitchen decor: Indian kitchen design» article inspired your exotic kitchen makeover!