Decorating trends 2017 bring charming Vintage beauty from past. Retro style postcards, closes and even billboards gain our streets, feasts and hearts. Maybe, you dream to bring this unbelievable atmosphere of old movies home.
Don’t wait past! Read our «Interior design trends 2017: Retro living room» article and start realizing it!
Living room design ideas: Vintage decor colors
Why do black and white movies homes seem radiating so much joy and warmth? In reality that times actors were surrounded by bright colorful interiors!
Take a look at our articles about:
It’s especially actual for 60-es, when youth stood up against the war darkness with all vividness of specter colors, and 80-es, famous as time of colorful disco style. So, old-style living room design ideas should be useful not only for calm pastel tones admirers, but also for people, who prefer real color madness! Richness of bright contrast colors should be revealed both in small decorating elements and big «parts», such as graphic elements on walls, panels or furniture items, as eye-catching accents.
Use large neutral pleasant colored background spaces to calm bright sparks. It would be ceiling, walls, sometimes floor, curtains or more rarely wooden furniture.
Good news for fashion fans! All colors included in decorating trends 2017 can find their place in Retro living room! Use natural blue shades Riverside and Airy Blue, dosed trendy grey tone Sharkskin, bright and character for 50-60-es Retro style Aurora Red, tender quiet Warm Taupe, glamorous Dusty Cedar, bright emerald Lush Meadow, joyful Spicy Mustard, warm Potter’s Clay, dreamy and romantic Bodacious to create modern living room unique mood!
Decorating trends 2017: Retro living room finishing and furniture
Despite of its’ style, you’ll get really modern living room! Many Interior design trends 2017 came from past. Let’s get acquainted with trendy furniture, finishing techniques and materials from 20th Century.
- Cork wall panels and decorating elements.
- Soft furniture (sofa and armchairs).
- Unusual shaped furniture.
- Flower ornaments (on curtains, furniture fabrics, wallpapers and pillows).
- Richly decorated classical lusters.
- Metal surfaces.
- Geometrical shapes.
- Soft textiles and bright soft pillows.
- Leather furniture upholstery.
- Open shelving.
- And, of course, vintage decorating elements.
Vintage decor: More living room design ideas
Old time’s interior photos keep amazing living room design ideas for new generations!
- Zone your room with curtains. Natural materials floral ornamented curtains should bring more coziness you your Retro living room. Such original Vintage decor with tulle curtains brings airy space sense and creates beautiful light and shadow play. It would give charming beauty and almost imperceptible mystery atmosphere to any modern living room.
- Use same shaped table and soft rug. For example, oval table top combines with oval rug.
- Use vintage wall clocks, small statues and richly decorated vases with flowers.
- Light-colored tissue tablecloths, sometimes lacy, would bring real Retro atmosphere to your room.
- Fringe is typical for Vintage decor! Look on interiors in old movies, not to make it Eastern style. Use fringe for lampshades, furniture covers and floor rugs.
- Give green light for stripes and polka dots! Remember, horizontal stripes and polka dots visually enlarge space or item; vertical stripes make it look higher and thinner. Such decor variant can be used for home appliances too, to masque any necessary high-tech tendencies in modern living room.
We’ll be glad to know our «Interior design trends 2017: Retro living room» article would make you reborn beauty of 20-th Century in your living room! Wait for more interesting stuff on our website!